Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband are starting the task of restoring my 1968 Mustang. This was first car and it’s been parked for way too long. I’ve known for a long time it was “different” than most of the mustangs I have seen.

Now to my question: is it possible to have a GT package on a 289? Everything I have read so it’s not a possibility, but it has several features unique tot a GT like fog lights and the easy pop gas cap. This model also has a unique console between the t2o bucket seats that I don’t see very often and is equipped with the factory air.

I would appreciate any information.
MDS68PONY

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
You can order a Marti Report for a 1968 Mustang. Provide the VIN and the report will tell you anything you want to know about your Mustang when it was delivered from the factory.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
The GT option group was available with ny V8 engine EXCEPT for the 289.

There were GT/CS (California Specials) that had the 289. Other custom packages were likely sold as well.

Of course the dealer or a previous owner could have added those GT features. Does your car have Dual exhaust With the dual tips? All GTs has them.

The center console and in dash A/C were separate options available on any 68 Mustang.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts