Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of restoring the ram air for my Mach. The PO of this ram air drilled out the three holes that the studs on the base go through. I'm getting ready to weld in patches and redrill the holes. My question is that I have seen midplates with just a hole and I have seen them were the hole is slotted, I guess to allow for adjustment, What is correct for my car, a 428SCJ.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Brian,

I have a 428 CJ shaker as well......and the way it looks the bolt/retainer nuts inside the midplate all have some play to them

I am going to my moms this weekend and can take pics if you want......email me and I will respond with pics.

The adjustability came from the intakes being in different positions

the most compatible oes being the 351W and the boss302

the 351C was in a different position hence the different bases

the 428 was in a world of its own....

Since all midplates were mass produced then they had to make em all adjustable.

regards
Roberto

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I'm not no pro but the 69 CJ mid plate on my car doesn't have the slots. from what I've seen the 70's did. Does your plate have the 2v 4v on the front. Mine has been welded because a previous owner didn't know how to adjust. I've been looking for a trade ( my car is a 70 351) let me know. If you go to the main page on this site and look at last years MCCI show look for the sidewinder and theres a engine pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts