Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of the TCI Torque Arm rear suspension kits installed on my 68 Coupe along with a new 9 inch rear end. The install was done by one of their dealers and came out pretty nice. The concern I have is that I noticed the installer left the old suspension travel bumpers attached to the frame rails. Since the installer did a mini-tub on my car and narrowed the rear-end, these bumpers are directly over the brake lines. Are these still needed? Can I remove them? If they are still needed...I guess I am going to have to trailer the car back down to the installer and have him fix them...somehow.

·
Vendor
461 Posts
I had one of the TCI Torque Arm rear suspension kits installed on my 68 Coupe along with a new 9 inch rear end. The install was done by one of their dealers and came out pretty nice. The concern I have is that I noticed the installer left the old suspension travel bumpers attached to the frame rails. Since the installer did a mini-tub on my car and narrowed the rear-end, these bumpers are directly over the brake lines. Are these still needed? Can I remove them? If they are still needed...I guess I am going to have to trailer the car back down to the installer and have him fix them...somehow.

You can cut the snubbers off. The shocks have internal stops that will hit before the axle bottoms on the frame rail.

-J

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the torque arm kit use these snubbers for the initial install ( according to the instruction packet) as a reference point? I think it says to put the channel over the frame rail then push it up against the snubber mounts. Just wondering , I was going to go ahead and remove mine now before I started the install but I think I should wait if this is a reference point.

·
Vendor
461 Posts
Does the torque arm kit use these snubbers for the initial install ( according to the instruction packet) as a reference point? I think it says to put the channel over the frame rail then push it up against the snubber mounts. Just wondering , I was going to go ahead and remove mine now before I started the install but I think I should wait if this is a reference point.

Yes, the snubber plates are used to locate our frame rail brackets.

-J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts