Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get new rear moulding for my 65 Fastback. Does anyone know if everyone sells the same stuff, or are there different manufacturers?

How does the repo trim fit?

Thanks in advance........Gary

·
Registered
141 Posts
I recently replaced mine with repro sold by NPD. Worked great.

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
I just installed the rear window trim on my 66. I can't remember where I bought it though :eek:
It was easy to install, but doesn't fit the lower curved area very well. I'll probably take them back off and try to fix or get some originals.
The fronts that I bought at the same time were crap and I ended up tossing those. I have some originals that are ready to go back on the front.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I believe that corvex (dynacorn) is the only brand out there. Anyone know different?
Sometimes they fit good and sometimes they don't

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
I agree, on my 68 fastback the rear mouldings fit and look great, but the front are awful. I have some NOS trim that I will be switching to soon.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It must be like russian roulette. I put a replacement set on my car and the fit was horrible especially in the bottom corners. Top corners did not have the correct radius either. Took them off and replaced with refurbished originals.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My car was missing one of the rear pieces when I bought it. I could not find the single missing piece so I bought a repro set by Corvex (sp?). It fit fine, but mine is a 67. Pretty sure I got the parts from NPD.

Glenn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts