Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying a 70 Mach 1. It is a M code engine with F code paint and 3W code Interior. I would like to know if there is someone out there who has a finished, correct, car with similar paint and interior. I would love to hear from you and would greatly appreciate some photos, Mainly of the interior, as I am not familiar with any other interior than the basic black, and I need to see what should be white and what is not. A car within reasonable driving distance from Louisville KY would be excellent if you don't mind me drooling over it and taking pictures I would love to come and see it in person. I am so excited about getting this car and cannot wait to dive into it, and get started on restoring it to original specs. Also the car was equipted with factory air. Any and all help and photos will be greatly appreciated beyond belief.
I can be Emailed at [email protected]
Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
Jim

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well Jim, my Mach doesn't match any of the codes you're looking for but I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your new acquisition. Have fun!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well Jim i too do not meet any of your codes but I have a 70 Mach 1 as well. I have the 3B interior. I would be glad to help or give info in any way I can. Post pics if you get the chance. If you email I do know a guy with a factory correct interior like yours (white) and I can get you in touch with him.
Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The reason I am making this request, I guess I should have mentioned earlier, is that the interior of this car has been painted black. I cannot imagine why somebody would take an aqua/blue car with a white interior and paint the interior black. The exterior was repainted as well in a blueish green that is not really that far off from the original color but is a metal flake finish. I know the interior was repainted because many of the panels have scratches that reveal the white, but a couple of the opposing panels are mismatched, I.E. one white and one black under the black paint, but not enough of them in my opinion to warrant painting the interior all black. I am eager the car back with the original paint and interior as I think it will look really good.

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/images/70-F.jpg this is a photo of a Boss 302 with the F code paint. To the owner of this car, My appologies for using the photo without permission, but it is a beautifull car.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts