Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi cougar70,
My links from classiccardb are just an example because these two cars are already in my country. Tomorrow I will going to look at the blue-one - will see. I thought about "rebuild title" - sure.. this is a minus but ultimately the car will be "stripped to sheet metal" and painted again... and probably will get new floor panels.

Do you know some recommended sites where I could look for such cars in the usa? I know ebay/copart/iaai... but I can't find any under 10k$ :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I agree that the first car - 71" should by around 2000$ but outside the usa these cars are more expensive because the cost of transport is around 5000$

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
183 Posts
If the '73 doesn't run any better than the '73 Torino I bought new, I'd steer clear of it. Mine had the 351 Cleveland engine with dual 2-1/2" pipes, but emissions had just started and Ford evidently didn't implement them well. It had problems starting in cold weather, and numerous trips to the dealer did not help. I finally replaced the Ford 4-barrel with a Holley, and plugged the EGR while I was at it (that was before the ECU). It ran OK after, but let my wife take it when she left, and I kept the '66 Mustang.

·
Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
592 Posts
Website for info on 71-73 cars is www.7173mustangs.com, lots of info there on these cars. If you want good info on what one of those cars came from factory with get a Marti Report, cost about 35.00 US. Www.martiauto.com. Hope this helps, where are you located? Update your profile with location🙂 I had a72 convertible for a while and the 7173 site has a lot of info.

·
Registered
10,077 Posts
1) Very large and very heavy compared to most the earlier Mustangs.
This is a common misconception. No doubt, the 71-73 Mustangs sure LOOK a lot bigger and heavier. The reality is they are only a couple of inches bigger and a few pounds heavier than the 69/70 Mustangs.

Your point about visibility is certainly valid. My first car was a 1971 fastback. The rear glass is huge, but it's almost a skylight.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Did you look through the classified's on this site? A friend from work posted his 71 Fastback that was really clean with a nice paint job and in good mechanical condition last year here for $10K. It was not a Mach 1 but a nice clean driver 302 car. I'd keep looking because your budget is not to far off from what decent drivers in those years sell for.

Here was his listing to give you an idea of what can pop up: 1971 Mustang Fastback for sale

Also, I'd keep looking and don't buy a rust bucket unless you have the time, cash, and ability to fix it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
HI guys:)
I wonder how to check title of this car. I have photo of "certificate of title" for this car... similar like here:

But in my paper I don't see any sequence like "rebuild title" or something.
I have "title number" but..how to check it?

Do you know maybe?
This is one of the huge risks in buying a car you can not see for yourself. Just because the title isn't marked as rebuilt doesn't mean it hasn't happened in the last 50 years. Some states didn't even do this and rebuilt titles from other states could be "laundered" in various ways in the past. Maybe someone could look at the car for you.

You have posted a picture of what seems to be a blurry 2002 Subaru title.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Right because it was only exaple to show what pic certificate I have. I already seen this car... I did not pick it up on the jack but it looks like on the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
9,746 Posts
It sounds like you Really want the car, against Possible objections from members trying to help,......go get it, and be done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
All objections was very helpfull. I leave the first one - 71 because it's rusty. The 73' currently have good price. And... i don't have any other options on my market. Probably all models in my budget ~10k will need some restorations.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
All objections was very helpfull. I leave the first one - 71 because it's rusty. The 73' currently have good price. And... i don't have any other options on my market. Probably all models in my budget ~10k will need some restorations.
What country is that 71 located in?

·
Super Moderator
9,746 Posts
Search auto tempest, do a Nationwide search. The exact car may be just out your search parameter. Would you travel an extra hour?

What about two or three?

Maybe five or six for the Perfect car?

Find the car first, only then decide if it’s too far.

·
Super Moderator
9,746 Posts
I’m only now seeing that you are not in the US, that does make it harder to actually see the cars that you’re interested it.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
do you know anybody in the states? if not, maybe paying up for a 3rd party inspection from a pro would be worth the $$, at least you would get an unbiased opinion on whatever you're looking at, and would probably save you from buying a worthless car.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts