Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1964 1/2 Mustang
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had electrical issues with my headlights, break lights, turn signals, and taillights. I have replaced the break light switch, turn signal switch, and headlight switch (I actually have 3 new ones now lol). I have gotten everything working except for my taillights. The headlights work fine as do the break lights and turn signals. I noticed on the wiring schematics, the connector the headlight switch plugs into had 8 different slots, but all the headlight switches I have ordered only have 7 plug ins. Is this an issue with the switches I have ordered or is it supposed to be like this? Also, when I shoot 12 Volts directly to the connector for the taillights, they come on perfectly. I am at a roadblock, any suggestions are much appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
11,772 Posts
Here is a diagram of a headlight switch and what each male terminal is for. Taillights are terminal R. InkedHeadlight switch diagram_LI.jpg

·
Registered
1964 1/2 Mustang
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The headlight switch for a 64 has a different layout, it’s the same as that of a 64 falcon

·
Registered
210 Posts
The switches between a 64.5 and a 65 are totally different and the earlier switch is nearly twice the price.
You need to get the earlier 64.5 switch as the 65 switch will not work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts