Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about a '65 Fastback 2+2. I have one, and someone told me it wasn't a 2+2 because it didn't have foglights in the front, aren't all Fastbacks a 2+2 or was this guy just misinformed? ::

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
All fastbacks are 2+2's. It refers to the body style - 2 seats in the front and 2 in the back! The foglights have nothing to do with the body style - they are an option and were also part of the GT option. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I also was not aware that foglights were offered as a stand-alone option - Perhaps by some dealers? I don't know about factory, though.

And the "2+2" designation was only used until 1966, but yes, all fastbacks are technically "2+2" designates. Your friend knows nothing. ::

·
Registered
288 Posts
All 65-66 Fastbacks were called 2+2. The side script on a non-GT states so as well. The Fog lights were factory installed for the GT, but all GT components were available as dealer installed options.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Another point of interest concerning the fog lights: On '66 GTs the grill was painted completely black; on standard models with the fog lights the horizontal bars were left bright metal. I've seen some folks buy a new grill for the restoration of their '66 GT and don't know to paint it all black. It makes the lights and horse "float." The bright metal left behind the lights and all looks pretty cluttered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts