Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both quarters on my 68 Coupe have been butchered by PO's. Because the upper portion of the existing panel is perfect, I don't want to replace the entire quarter.

I just got a quarter skin from Goodmark that looks pretty good, but I notice there is a body line on the lower rear that I didn't realize was there on the original (remember it's been butchered). The body line in question is a slight but definite crease from the wheel opening to the back end of the quarter.

Because both sides of my car have been previously hacked and I don't have access to another 68, I just wanted to confirm this is a correct stamping.

Look at the pic and tell if this is correct.

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
That's correct, there is an edge at that location.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Laurie, As much as I washed and waxed my 67' some 34 years ago, I guess I just forgot what the lines really looked like.

For those interested, I'll document and post the skin repair. I'll start after Christmas.

G

·
I have quarter skins on my to do list as well. If you dont mind what did you pay for the skins and where were they purchased?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Please note that some of the repop 68 quarters have the 67 contour around the fake scoop area. This means that the 68 trim will not fit correctly. Please verify that your piece has the proper contour before installing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts