Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I posted for the first time yesterday and I am back. Let me know what you think of this. I have a lead on a 73 Coupe with low miles and not alot else. The owner told me the car has A/C but it is not hooked up. I can't say I care for the 73 body style alot but I don't think I can pass this car up. Responses are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Dan (that's right, another one!), you said "I can't say I care for the 73 body style alot but I don't think I can pass this car up". That's sort of a warning flag. This old iron takes time and money to keep up with, and unless you're in love with what you're working with then my advice is to keep searching till you find what you want.

Maybe you're thinking of buying this to turn for a profit. Keep in mind the 71-73 coupes aren't real popular, and tend to cost more than most of the earlier models to restore and maintain due to parts availability. I don't mean any disrespect to you 71-73 coupe owners out there, they're terrific cars, superior to the earlier models in just about every aspect, just not as popular.

However, if you're serious about this one and would like some advice, I work in Marysville and I used to own a 71 coupe, so I kind of know my way around those models. I'd be happy to take a look at it with you and offer my opinion. Let me know.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I agree with Dan.

While you can get some pretty good deals on the 71-73s, you should try to find a car that you like, not something you have to settle for. Sooner or later you will tire of it and you will sell it, probably at a loss. The good news is that as the older cars become less available, the 71-73s will become more desireable, especially the Mach 1s and the Grandes. Plain Jane fastbacks and coupes probably will not gain much in popularity.

Parts are harder to locate for these cars but more are being reproduced every day but they do tend to be more expensive than parts for the 64-70s cars.

Keep searching for something you like, sooner or later you will find the one for you... assuming kosanders hasn't bought 'em all up yet!!!

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Yeah.....what they said! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dan,
Thanks for responding. I wish the car was in Marysville. Unfortunately it is in DesMoines and I plan on heading down to see it Friday around noon. I also have another alternative. I could put the $ I am planning on spending on the 73 into my 66. The biggest problem with that is I don't think that that amount of $ would go along way on my 66. What a quandry? haha Would you be interested in stopping by my place (in Marysville) sometime and taking a look at the 66? Let me know. Thanks for you offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts