Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my front coils, UCA's, and spring seats replace today. Had my rear
leafs replaced in March. Got all this stuff from Matt at Ponderosa. Why does
my car still lean to the left? About an 1" in front and rear. This is what it was
doing before this stuff was replaced, but was really sagging in the rear. Is
there something that I'm missing? What can be done to "correct" this?
The shocks were replaced when I bought the car a year ago. Never had any
problems with aligning it. Don't want to go with air shocks. What about helper
springs on the rear shocks? If I put a big washer on top & bottom of the shock,
would that eliminate any stress issues back there?
Any suggestion, opinions, or WAGs appreciated.
TIA, Curtis

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
My car leans to the left also (about 3/4 inch), I have also replaced all the suspension (twice). Shimming
the shock would have little or no impact on the ride height. Spacers on one of the front springs or lowering
blocks on one of the rear leafs would help. I havn't done anything yet, nobody notices it but me anyway.
I'm considering weighing each tire to make sure the car is balanced and if it's not I may try to correct the ride height issue. I suspect that my car was in a acccident and not put back together right.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My car sat straight until I changed the suspension not too long ago. Now, the drivers side is abut 3/4 inch higher. I suspect it's the coils not being even, but I am too lazy to further investigate. I'm the only one that notices it as well.

G

·
Mine also leans on the driver's side a little bit, most noticeably in the rear. It's probably around an inch, maybe less. Like BillGear, no one notices but me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts