Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vertical door glass guide rods, I understand that there are left and right, front and rear. I have a couple that I can read the marks on the bottoms but most of them I can't. I can see the difference between the right and the left; the bottom plate angle. How can I determine between the fronts and the backs? Does it make a difference? Thanks in advance. Bob

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front and rear are the same, only left and right matters.
Then where does this one go? It is marked LH and also has an "R".

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
The part number for the passenger side is C9ZZ-6521546-A and the part number for the drivers side is C9ZZ-6521547-A

So that’s not helpful at all :) - can you find the part number stamped anywhere else on the door run?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part number for the passenger side is C9ZZ-6521546-A and the part number for the drivers side is C9ZZ-6521547-A

So that’s not helpful at all :) - can you find the part number stamped anywhere else on the door run?
The books may show the part numbers but the pieces do not. The different sides are evident but why is the one that I can read also have an "R" as some others do too. Unfortunately, the numbers are stamped on the bottom of the part and that is where they rust, thus reading the number impossible. I'll line them all up and see what I can determine.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe Cougars are different and some of them I have are from Cougars?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts