Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a question regarding the replacement of the front right inner fender (battery apron). Fortunately, everything seemed to go well with that replacement. Now I decided that it would be best to replace the right rear inner fender. Is this replaced the same way? Any pointers on doing this? I also noticed the the right hand shock tower is approximately 1/4 inch out of alignment. I know the car was hit in the right side before I bought it. The export braces fot fine, so I would assume it is off by only a fraction. When I replace the RR inner fender, should I get a porto-power on the shock tower and then weld the new piece in? I just rebuilt the front end and everything seemed to go smooth with that job. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
You may need some good measurements and or reference measurements if you need to adjust the shock tower . Make sure you support the car with jackstands or wood blocks before you cut it apart and weld the new one in . The rear inner fender panel is a "support" piece between the shock tower and the firewall . Make sure the car is level and supported before cutting , watch for movement when the welds seperate . With patience and care you should be fine .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts