Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell for the craigslist claim that these Ford original fenders are in great shape. Yes, they were original Ford fenders but they are full of bondo and dents. I've been searching for Ford fenders, but to find a pair of quality Ford fenders can cost more than I paid for my car 30 years ago. Is there a high quality aftermarket fender out there? One with the correct gauge of metal or better? I'm putting a small fortune into the rest/mod but I do have limits......
713B5BC2-2F39-4222-BA75-FF0940D2E31E.jpg

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you have to get a pair from NPD. There “improved fender“ is decent and fit is very good for a repop..Yes there is some areas that will need attention but overall not bad at all..

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I have one aftermarket fender on my '65. I paid for the better version and overall it was pretty good. The only small issue was the gap curving at the window. It's so slightly uneven.
I did weigh an original vs the higher quality aftermarket. The original was 1/4-1/2 lb heavier

·
Registered
675 Posts
That fender looks pretty good. Hammer and dolly time... Watch the tutorial on "shrinking metal" on Mustangs to Fear's youtube feed.... You might be surprised how well you can get those fenders looking...

·
Registered
675 Posts
BTW, you a 64 guy? Judging by the pic.... Former 64A driver here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts