Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to convert my car to fuel injection using a holley/edelbrock 4 barrel style throttle body. Im using edelbrock heads, with an edelbrock victor jr intake. I know that this intake has the places on it to drill out for the injectors... but what angle should they be drilled at? Also, what injectors should i use? Can i still use a mechanical fuel pump, or do i need an electric one?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The Edelbrock Pro-Flo kits come with the fuel rails and injectors pre-mounted into the manifold. Not sure of the injector size. Their kit also includes a fuel pump.

The Holley multi-port is a universal kit and doesn't inclued many of the parts in the Edelbrock kit.

Contact Edelbrock / Holley directly to find out what additional parts are required for your application.

FYI, I have quite a few EFI links on my webpage.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
mechanical pump? no

angle? You want them leaning as close to horizontle as possible... sort of :D I don't think it really matters a whole lot in the long run though

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
The goal is to point the injector as close to directly at the intake valve as possible. If the injector is doing it's job the fuel will already be atomized, so you just want it flowing in the right direction when needed.

I'd suggest either buying a pre-made kit or having the mods done by a shop that knows how to do it. Dan Fodge does these conversions regularly. You can reach Dan at (916) 851-9111 if you want to.

You might also consider the Accel intake that they are using as part of their kit. It is very much like the Victor Jr. intake, but was designed from the ground up for a dry-delivery system (EFI). That is what I am using on the new engine (someday).

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If youre using throttle body injection you dont want to drill holes in your intake, the injectors are located in the throttle body. you should probably buy the injection setup before doing anything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts