Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be ok to sand blast the combustion chamber to make it ez'er to magan flux the too cheak for cracks, of course I would repolish the cc. and mil lthe heads, and port them. they are closed chamber heads so they can't cut alot out . I thought of have larger vavules in stalled. but theres not much room. and can you covert old typed heads too roller?

chris

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone know?

·
Registered
680 Posts
The heads can be sand blasted, but, you will need to clean them real good afterwards. But, you should replace the guides. The blasting will be real bad for them...
The only converting that needs to be done to the heads for roller cam would be screw in studs and guide plates. And, you might need to slot the pushrod holes, if they are pretty small. Some head have small holes, and some are slotted from the factory. The machine shop should be able to tell you what you need...

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Normally you would hot tank the heads prior to magnafluxing. I would not sandblast. If you are concerned about buildup in the chamber, just use a wire wheel/brush on it.

As far as the valves go, I have 53.5 cc chambers with 1.84/1.54 valves and they fit fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts