Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the good fortune of picking up a nice original Day/Night interior rearview mirror. I was wondering if this was a special dealer option or part of the interior decor group. Also, will it require any special or additional parts to attach to the current setup or is it just a simple swap out with the current mirror? Final question - it has that knob on the bottom that rotates. Just wondering how this is supposed to function in regards to the day/night feature. Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 65 came with that mirror, I'm not sure if you had to order it, I think it was common among 65 models. You adjust it for "day" then turn the knob and it moves the mirror to the night postion to eliminate headlight glare.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I believe it was part of the Visibility Group. The mirror functions exactly like today's mirrors but instead of flipping a little lever back and forth, you rotate the lever on the Mustang mirror.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Didn't the visibility group also include a "remote" driver's side mirror adjuster on the inside door panel?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Yes, along with 2 speed wipers. I think the passenger side matching mirror was optional, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts