Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 'Stangers!

I am in the process of a RestoMod described below. Although the car is complete I am opting to modernize the vehicle for obvious reasons (at least to me).

To the questions:

1) Exhaust systems. Does anyone offer a 2.5" exhaust system for the 67 Mustang with the small block engine?

2) Fasteners. Does anyone know the size of the bolts and thread count for the T5 to bellhousing connection and the Bellhousing to Engine flange. I have found most other bolts at ARP-Bolts.com. These I am having difficulty with.

3) Wheels and tires. For some reason I like the 5-pin GT40 rims on the older mustangs (made popular by Eleanor ::).
What is the optimimum wheel (width and backspacing) and tire arrangement before I make some mistakes here. I plan on running stong spring heights front and rear but with the "track" 620#/in ratings. What I dont want is something that rubs the fenders when you hit bumps. I am not running any wheelflares so I am using the stock sheetmetal.

Thanks for the support.
This looks like a great website.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Howdy stranger,

1) Exhaust systems. Flowmaster, Dynomax and and a number of other venders offer a 2.5" exhaust systems in both stainless and aluminum-coated. There's even been systems listed in JC Whitney catalogs within the last year meating this discription

2) Fasteners. If you're using a vintage block, their a 7/16ths Coarse, about 1 3/4"s long. The newer metric bolts are close to the same specification.

3) Wheels and tires. Look for the VMF handle "JAY" he has a webapge where folks have filled in all the combinations known to work with little or no body and suspension modification. Someone recently posted their source for the Edelbrock 454 wheels was drying up. do a search for 454 to see what became of that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts