Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brown ground wire (10" long or so) screwed to the base where my turn signal flasher is mounted. I can't tell where this should plug into. I have wire 57 (black) screwed behine the instrument panel, and everything seems to operate in the dash (lights, wipers, flashers, turn signals, instrument panel) This ground looks alot like another short brown ground which screws into the wiper motor mount and plugs into the flange left of the fusebox holding the convenience relays.

I see a potential plug in the harness near the leftside courtesy light.

?

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
68 Fastback...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
From my 68 wiring book, I see only a couple of uses of a brown wire. Two of them are in the Ignition/Starting/Charging circuit. One of those two wires goes to the Starter Relay (#262), the other (#984) comes out of a flat 4 connecter plug. One side of the connector is on the main wire harness assembly (14401), the other to harness 14290. It looks like it is used to connect the side marker lights. The other brown wire (#181) connects from the fuse box (14amp)to the heater motor. That's about all I see with a brown wire. Not sure if it helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts