Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Quick Fuel HR-Series Carburetors HR-680-VS

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  jdub 
#1 ·

This carb only has idle time. About a half hour. I want to be totally forthcoming about it. Here's my thread about this carb:

To recap:

Carb leaked out of the box.
Replaced the accelerator pump diaphragm. Still leaked.
Replaced the float bowl gasket and got it to stop leaking by getting the bolts really snug but then the car would not start.
Replaced the carb with a new one. The car still wouldn't start.
Replaced the spark plugs and the car fired right up.
Decided to keep the new carb and put this one on a shelf.

This carb doesn't seem to like the blue re-usable gaskets. If you get the bowl snug enough to stop it from leaking the gasket gets mangled at the top above the fuel level. I might try a different style of gasket.

I'm sure this carb could work for someone and was not the reason my car wouldn't start, the plugs were fouled, that was the issue. The car idled fine with this carb for about a half hour on first statup, it just leaked. I was able to get it not to leak, but like I said, might want to try a different style of gasket.

My honest assessment of the carb is that it's fine, just wants that front bowl really tight and does mangle the reusable gasket at the top above the fuel level but still seals. Maybe if you're a better carb guy than me there's nothing wrong with it.

That's absolutely everything I know about the carb. I paid $460 for this carb. They are $480 now. I'd like to get something out of it.

I think around $275 shipped would be fair. But make an offer if you think otherwise.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.