Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Been in touch with Chock and Carol, will be purchasing a 16:1 box from him tomorrow.

Reactions: subpar63

·
Registered
35,975 Posts
I went out and looked to see exactly what steering box I have and as suspected, its the HCC AT box. So, now I'm faced with a decision. Do I send this box to Chock to rebuild and add a roller Shelby quick steer kit to it OR do I need to find a 16:1 box and put the quick steer kit on it? I'm not following Patrick, Allen and Mark down the track rabbit hole (at least not now), but I live in the NC foothills and I DO love to hit the twisties every chance I get.

Will it be quick enough with the slow box or do I need to start looking for the quicker ratio????
There's no substitute for the 16:1 box. Start with that.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
They’re all new.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Called Carol and Dan ( or “Danny” as I heard her call him). 16:1 box is on its way. Been around the sun almost 62 times and I’ve become pretty good at knowing when I’ve run across the real deal. Dan and Carol are the real deal.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Called Carol and Dan ( or “Danny” as I heard her call him). 16:1 box is on its way. Been around the sun almost 62 times and I’ve become pretty good at knowing when I’ve run across the real deal. Dan and Carol are the real deal.
Yes I'm Danny. In my teens I ABSOULTEY hated someone call me Danny. Now today nearly 71, I realize Mom and Dad give that blessed name, Carol has always called me Danny. I LOVE It!!!!!
Thanks Scott. Danny and Carol

41 - 47 of 47 Posts