Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me out with a quick measurement. I'm working on a 68 vert and would like to know what the gap between the quarter panel and the interior metal (at the quarter window) measures see pic. It would be helpful if the measurement was without out the rubber seal or the fuzzie, In other words metal to metal, if that,'s possible. I am installing new quarters and each side is a different measurement.
Thanks in advance!
IMG_4386.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would run out and measure right now if she wasn’t away at paint currently.
Sorry,
Troy

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks anyway Troy, I'm sure someone will have it!
Ed

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
On my 67 hard top it's right about 1-1/4" metal to metal.

Depending on exactly where you measure. And taking into account that they're not straight across. And that the internal piece isn't bent at a hard 90 degrees. etc, etc.....

1-1/4" ought to be pretty close unless the convertibles are different from the hard top models.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
On my 67 convertible, original sheet metal, 1.25-1.35 in the front by the B pillar, 1.37 - 1.45 at the back edge. Do you still have the gutter in place, or did that come out too? The QP skin basically is stopped by the gutter.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the gutter is still in place. I was so careful to write down, what I thought, was every little measurement but I missed that one. After I installed the quarters, I noticed the gap looked wider at the back than it did at the front. I had removed the bracing between the wheelhouses, that the is unique to the convertible, in order to replace the floor and trunk pan. I was worried that I didn't get that all back in the correct position, but everything co-insides with the measurements you gave me. What a relief! Thanks so much!!
Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts