Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Depends on several factors. Fuel injected? Carbed? What are you running for induction? Naturally aspirated? Turbo? Blower? RPM level? HP level? What do you plan to do with the car? 3/8" line will be ok if it's a mild build and you're not racing it. Otherwise I would recommend 1/2".

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on several factors. Fuel injected? Carbed? What are you running for induction? Naturally aspirated? Turbo? Blower? RPM level? HP level? What do you plan to do with the car? 3/8" line will be ok if it's a mild build and you're not racing it. Otherwise I would recommend 1/2".
carb, natural, wanna get 500-600hp when done with the build. wanna be able to race but will be extremely rare. thanks for the replie

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I've got 3/8" on my stroked (462) FE motor. It is plenty big. Secret is a blueprinted mechanical fuel pump that will support up to 600 hp.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
carb, natural, wanna get 500-600hp when done with the build. wanna be able to race but will be extremely rare. thanks for the replie

For that HP level I would suggest 1/2" all the way from the tank to the carb.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Secret is a blueprinted mechanical fuel pump that will support up to 600 hp.
How do you blueprint a mechanical fuel pump? The only metallic moving parts are the arm and it's pivot point and maybe the check valves. You can't blueprint the rubber diaphragm of a mechanical pump.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got 3/8" on my stroked (462) FE motor. It is plenty big. Secret is a blueprinted mechanical fuel pump that will support up to 600 hp.
blueprinted? Not heard of this, can you explain please and maybe give me a pic of what ur talking about, thanks

brad

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No.... no problems with the bigger line..I am using -8 braided line..
Sweet! I'm having to run all new lines, brakes/fuel and am inpro of building that stroker but is going to takes several years to finish so i wanna throw something in in the mean time so i can drive this beast! I've never gotten to drive her, i'm gettin extremely anxious!

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts