Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a quick release steering hub to their car? I would like to use something like,

JOES RacingMomo Steering Wheel Quick Release

or similar.

This will be used along with either a Momo or Sparco wheel. I have the stock shaft but, have been unable to locate the proper adapter. This is for a track car and will make it easier for me to get in and out of the Kirkey I plan on using.

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If its for a street car, they make ones specific for street use. That is my disclaimer since I'd never run race equip on street car....cough cough

If for a drag car, save a few bucks and get hex style. Anything else spend the few extra bucks and get the splined as you'll notice back lash in hex style and though not concerning it is an annoyance.

Road Race is how I read your thread and I'd say yes run a good quality splined shaft. Any thoughts on just upgrading the whole shaft inside the OEM housing?

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Allot of guys that build FFR Cobras use the one from Breeze Automotive. It's made for a Fox type Mustang steering shaft, but is probably adaptable to whatever you are using. There are three different versions, depending on what you need, and they seem to be a little cheaper than Joes Racing.
I haven't used one, but I did install one on a friends car.
Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It's for a road race track car. After looking through what seemed like the whole internet the past few days, I think that the easiest way would be to just weld the splines to the shaft. I have a brand new shaft that came with the Unisteer kit that should be pretty simple to weld a spline to. I might end up loosing the auto turn signal off feature though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts