Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. all this time working on STang and I finally am ready to put in some gas and try the key. FIRST, I wanted to check all the electrical system to see if anything smoked. Nothing smokes. BUT no turn signals either. Lights all work good - head lights Hi and Low - brake lights work good - courtesy lights come on ok. Heater Fan runs all the time (oops), but no turn signals. Could I have a bad bulb that is keeping them all off? MIDLFE, what do I check first?
Once I get this right I will hook up the computer and try to start her up. Oh boy Oh boy....

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking my flasher is bad. Bought it new a few years ago and it has not been used. BUT, just because its new does not mean it works. Going to get another one from Bumper2Bumper tomorrow. Maybe that is the trouble. I can not find anything else amiss.

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
If you don't have a volt-ohm meter, get one at Sears or Radio Shack. Then get the Osborne Electrical Assembly Manual, and start checking voltages out of the turn signal switch at the connectors that go to the front and rear of the car. When you find a place of good voltage and further down the line of bad voltage, you've isolated your problem.

Might be as simple as bad grounding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts