Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where on or near The Mississippi Gulf Coast I can get my A/C recharged with R-12?

John

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Gonna cost you an arm and a leg for R-12. You're better off converting you system to R-134.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's involved in the conversion. I have heard very little up to a new compressor?

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Why would you need AC on the gulf coast? Especially this summer. (Sorry I couldn't help it. I spent 6 months in Biloxi during the summer!)
Stan

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Anybody know where on or near The Mississippi Gulf Coast I can get my A/C recharged with R-12?

John
It is $20-$30 a can in my area. Down right CHEAP when you think about the price of R134A, flushing of the system to install it AND replacing the filter drier AND the higher pressures it pushes your system. Just search CraigsList and you will see it come up for sale.

John

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
i'd keep it r-12 if you can , like said before search craigslist . r134a doesn't cool as well in a system designed for r-12
there are replacements for r-12 like freeze 12 which work just fine , just make sure they charge it as a liquid (it's a blend) and tag the compressor with what's in there

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
Simply using R12 will cost a LOT less than changing your system, a full charge in a Mustang system should cost less than $50 for the R12.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FOUND A LOCAL WHO CAN RECHARGE WITH FREEZE 12 - GONNA BE AROUND $100.00.
Think I will go with that.
John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts