Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a musician myself, this is a giant punch to the gut. He was more god than man. I can only imagine how many times Rush was played in our old cars. I was lucky enough to see them live in 2010. For those of you also into bikes, he was an avid motorcyclist as well. Truly a tragic loss.

“Exit the warrior...”

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very sorry to hear this. Always enjoyed their music and had the opportunity to see them a couple times. Still think the best album was 2112.
2112 is a masterpiece. It showed all the possibilities of what music could be, just so epic and grandiose.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LEts not forget Carl Palmer - absolutely incredible...
I’ve seen him live in the past few years too. Still amazing. The dude is in great shape, he’s like a black belt or something.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Greatest Percussionist ever.
He will be missed.
R.I.P.
I like that you called him a “percussionist” and not a drummer. So accurate. Well put.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I was also fortunate enough to see them a couple times. Yes- he was magic on whatever he played and my idol in HS- probably why I became a drummer as well. Back in the day I had collected every album, tons of bootlegs, even live concerts that were taped by recorders snuck in! Very sad to hear, and will be missed for sure...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
In the old days Rush was my best friend's favorite band, and my second favorite. If it was based solely on percussion, I think Rush would have been everyone's favorite band. Neil Peart was a talent I hope is now playing thunder at God's pleasure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For decades, he has deservedly battled it out with Bonham on every "greatest drummer ever" list. Through all of this, his lyrical contributions have taken a backseat. The man was a gifted poet, crafting lyrics that resonated with generations of people who needed their Rock n Roll to be about more than just TnA and a party lifestyle. A true, once in a lifetime musical talent. Thanks for everything, Neil

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
We’re all Drummers in my family 6 generations. He was our mentor Moving Pictures my first concert. Many more followed. I wonder if he will be laid to rest next to his wife and daughter both lost tragically in early 2000s(correct me if I’m wrong )
RIP GREATEST DRUMMER EVER 🙏🏻☹

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
One of the greatest drummers ever, and one of the greatest lyricists ever. First saw Rush live in '82, and many times since. His solos were always a masterclass in percussion.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Long time Rush fan here also. I got into the band around 1980 and seen every tour they did in my area ever since, Then when my son got old enough I started taking him to the concerts at around 10 years old , just so he could experiance the drum solos Neil did. It was something a music fan needed to experiance. When I take out my 66 stang on cruises , Rush is pretty much my go to cruising music. RIP NEIL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts