Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the station at the corner of Rt. 47 and North Ave. (RT. 64), does anyone know where I can buy race fuel at the pump? I live in the Geneva area, so I'm looking for places in the Fox Valley area.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Chris,
It's getting harder & harder to find at the pump.(and I usually don't trust that the station has kept up the maintenance on the pump, let alone how long its been in there tanks) I will buy 30-40 gallons at a time from Steet Stuff in Addison, when I'm in the area.
I used to be able to get it from Adrians Competition Engines in West Chicago right next to the Napa on Roosevelt.
Maybe not the answer your looking for,but I haven't seen it any place else.
John

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
I noticed Sunoco 110 Octane for sale at a Citgo
Station in Glendale Heights - on Bloomingdale road north of Rt. 64.

Not right around the corner from Geneva, but it could work in a pinch.

-Zim

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In case anyone's interested, I found that about half of the Gas City stations carry Rockett Brands 100 octane no-lead race fuel. I went to the Oswego station yesterday and they had it for 5.49 per gallon. Not bad considering race fuel used to be 2 - 2 1/2 times the cost of premium. The station owner said that it hadn't jumped anywhere near as much as normal gasoline.

It's also available at the Gas City locations at Rt. 59 and Butterfield (Warrenville) and Rt. 59 and 95th St. (Naperville).

Chris

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've heard it's also available at the Gas City on rt. 72 and old Plum Grove rd in schaumburg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts