1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
i'd love to grab this... but man $$$

If you're a costco member watch their site. They have a better price everyday ($1,200) and it occasionally goes on sale for about 1,000.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have the race ramps. Yes expensive, but I use them all the time.. they safely raise the car higher than any jack stands that i've ever seen.

-Shannon

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I have the race ramps. Yes expensive, but I use them all the time.. they safely raise the car higher than any jack stands that i've ever seen.

-Shannon
4x4 truck stands:)
I'd like to see yours in action or which model # you have. I went to the website but too many options to see whats happening with what. They must be loooonng.

I had some regular ramps anchored into the floor and parked on them all the time until I put a spoiler on. (added the spoiler while on the ramps and cracked it first rattle out:()
I loved it most for just messing under the hood, no more aches from stooping over so far.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I looked at making some out of spare wood, plenty of interwebz folks do it too. Right now I use four jack stands whenever I need to get underneath.

(not my car)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I use them in the rear with jack stands in the front. They make a few sizes, I have the 10 inch version, the 12 was too high. I wouldn't mind a set for the front when doing stuff, but the suspension drops enough that my jack won't get the car high enough to put them under......

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you're a costco member watch their site. They have a better price everyday ($1,200) and it occasionally goes on sale for about 1,000.
I got this lift from Costco in May for $999 plus 6%PA tax and free shipping. Almost the best thousand bucks I ever spent. But I might think about these Race Ramps blocks too, for long term lift.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use Rhino Ramps. Drive the front of the car up on them. Jack up the back (under the diff) and place two more under the rear wheels, backward so there's no chance of "roll off". Then put 4 jack stands under the car just in case the Rhino ramps crack/fail.

·
Registered
9,033 Posts
I'd make the cribs out of 2x4s before I dropped $250 on a set of 4 RaceRamps. Only downside is the 2x4 version is going to be heavier, but I'll keep the extra $$ in my wallet, thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use them, would recommend. And if you have to work with wheels off with jack stands, they can slide underneath the car wherever you like to give additional peace of mind.

·
Administrator
19,436 Posts
I like the DIY cribbing versions better. First, they are a lot cheaper. Then they are well proven. For example very similar cribbing is what they use to support entire buildings sometimes. And a big plus for me is that if you don't have a jack that will raise the car up that high in one shot, you can lift it up in steps as necessary. Plus you can raise the car up to what height YOU choose.

·
Registered
9,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I’ve been threatening to buy some Race Ramps since seeing them on one of the builder shows. I shopped the Quick Jack. It’s pretty intrusive and doesn’t get any higher than I can with my 26” lift jack and 12 ton Torin stands. I’d get a Max Jack before I’d get a Quck Jack. What I like about the Race Ramps is the footprint is under the tire making rolling around on the creeper easier.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
neat idea having a removable ramp section ,I have a set of some kinda poly ramps forget the brand and a bunch of stands . I need a lighter (aluminum) and lower floor jack tho ,,lowered car guy problems :geek: been thinking of this one https://www.harborfreight.com/15-Ton-Aluminum-Racing-Floor-Jack-with-Rapid-Pump-64545.html
That jack is small, not big enough IMO. I have one, it's relegated to lifting my golf cart or boat trailer to do service on one tire at a time. I also have the 3 ton version mentioned a thread down from yours, that one it nice and lifts my car as far as I need. The aluminum one is nice, it's light and portable, just not for serious work. If you wanted a lightweight jack for a road trip it would certainly fit the bill.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts