Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
neat idea having a removable ramp section ,I have a set of some kinda poly ramps forget the brand and a bunch of stands . I need a lighter (aluminum) and lower floor jack tho ,,lowered car guy problems :geek: been thinking of this one https://www.harborfreight.com/15-Ton-Aluminum-Racing-Floor-Jack-with-Rapid-Pump-64545.html
They aren't bad but of course don't pay $79 for it. The regular coupon price is $59 and i even saw a short time coupon for $49 once a while back. They are fine for tire and oil changes but they won't lift as high as my small stands will go. If you are actually going to do work from your back one of the other bigger ones are worth the extra. Then again the better ones have longer handles which can be a pain in most average or tight garages.
The bigger better jacks usually have a lower lift point as well.

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
That jack is small, not big enough IMO. I have one, it's relegated to lifting my golf cart or boat trailer to do service on one tire at a time. I also have the 3 ton version mentioned a thread down from yours, that one it nice and lifts my car as far as I need. The aluminum one is nice, it's light and portable, just not for serious work. If you wanted a lightweight jack for a road trip it would certainly fit the bill.
That jack is small, not big enough IMO. I have one, it's relegated to lifting my golf cart or boat trailer to do service on one tire at a time. I also have the 3 ton version mentioned a thread down from yours, that one it nice and lifts my car as far as I need. The aluminum one is nice, it's light and portable, just not for serious work. If you wanted a lightweight jack for a road trip it would certainly fit the bill.
I have a larger 2 ton jack but the front is low enough I need to drive up on blocks before it will fit under the car PITA

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have them, and really like them. I wasn't to happy with the price. However, I use them a lot doing routine maintenance on several cars.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts