Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a car that is advertised locally where someone states it was used as a rally racer in ford sponsored vintage races in the 70's. He has no doc just the story and contact with the engine builder and driver who he purchased the car from. Says there were 7 cars used in this circuit, anyone got any knowledge of these events or possible value of these cars? If you leave me you # I would love to talk to you about it or call and I will call you back or email me. thanks Art 252-435-4867 or cell 252-267-1948

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Without documentation, it's not any more valuable than any other car like it. Perhaps the VIN can give you some info?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an A code fast back with pony interior but flared in the rear, roller motor with 500hp, 4spd. Lots of shelby and race parts, car is in 2+ condition. Where would I find info on such a circuit? Art

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Yep, there was such a Team. I have an old 1969 Road & Track Magazine with a Castrol XLR oil ad which features one of the cars. It's a 70 MACH1 with FORD RALLY TEAM right on the fenders. Ad says "Mustang wins again. This time it's the 1969 SCCA Rally Team Championship". Then it goes on to say the team used their oil exclusively, yada, yada, yada.

The car in the ad has a Shaker, hood twist locks, sports grille, and there appears to be no holes for a front license plate on the valance. Does have MACH1 Rocker Moldings. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts