Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all ready to start the season. Worked like mad to get all the new suspension and chassis mods done over the winter, Had a couple of local events to fine tune, all set to go to VIR and wham,, all events suspended. Went out to my shop the other day and really had nothing to do. New tires mounted and ready to go. Engine running good, Shop straight and clean. Wound up cleaning and painting a engine block just so it would look good, no plans for a rebuild or anything. Been doing lots of yard work. Things go on long enough and I may strip and repaint. the shop floor.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,404 Posts
Well since I was able to sneak in my first event last weekend at CMP and cracked the oil pan on my car, I have decided to switch gears altogether and stop tracking the GT and start building the real track car. So I guess there is a silver lining in it for me...other than the associated costs of building a race car. ???

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Well since I was able to sneak in my first event last weekend at CMP and cracked the oil pan on my car, I have decided to switch gears altogether and stop tracking the GT and start building the real track car. So I guess there is a silver lining in it for me...other than the associated costs of building a race car. ???
Get ready to see all the Cobra Automotive links you always send my way!! :ROFLMAO:

Allen

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know next time you are at CMP, I would like to meet up

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I wasn't able to get torque boxes on this winter. Looks like I'll be starting on them this weekend because I can't see any track time until May and think even that probably won't happen. Hope i'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
I'd sure be looking for a track car rather than building one in terms of cash outlay...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thread hi jack, since I started it I guess it's OK.. Anyway if I was starting from scratch or if my wife were more understanding or if I had a secret garage somewhere,, This is what I would get.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Climbing the F'ing walls. Car is dialed in, got rd 1 autocross in, then everything shut down. Now, Sonoma, Thunderhill, Crows, all closed. Car ran great, but par usual, power steering pump was leaking. Built an overflow reservoir, replaced seals on the pump (again). Twiddled thumbs. Starting building cross member for T5 build. Built press break. Made brackets for cross member using press break. Twiddled thumbs. Rinse repeat.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mostly working from home for my day job and watching my daughter since my wife is quarantined to her room with a nasty cough. Have been able to sneak in some work on my Mustang and Camaro. And making videos for my YouTube channel. Did another two In the Paddock Episodes and have footage for two more videos and then I'll be feeling the itch big time!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've tinkered in my race shop with my WonderDog, Marcus, each day. We've managed to replace all 14 light fixtures with LED bulbs, Swap out the two near-empty O2 and Acetylene bottles, Replace the HVAC thermostat, replace the sun-worn sign at street front, replace the ancient skylight in my RV, and a 1,002 other small tasks that I haven't been able to do in the past year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts