Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
With the radaitor cap off of my car I notice a foaming condition of the anti freeze. I am not positive, nor have I done a pressure test but is it possible for a water pump to put bubbles in the coolant? I know that they say that is a way with a bad head gasket as air is getting in the system but the car runs fine and am not noticing any anti-freeze smell out the tailpipe like I have with other cars in the past with definate gaskets out, and also fouling of the spark plugs of the affected cylinder. I looked on my other car with the cap off and it also has some bubbles passing thru the coolant when circulating and it is rebuilt so I know the gaskets are good on that one.I took the fan belt driving the water pump off and no problems but it is not actually circulating like it would normally be when thermostat is open so not sure if that would be a good or legitimate test. Is it possible some PO put a foaming agent or something in the system?
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hello.I would say blown head gasket.You could take a look at the dip-stick.If it is a blown head gasket,you will also have some coolant getting into the oil pan.Maybe do an oil change and look at what comes out of the oil pan first.The water will be on the bottom of the oil pan.Good luck. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts