Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm hurting for a new radiator at the moment. I'm dropping the 250 into my '68 this Friday and need to remount my electric fan and tranny cooler at the same time so it would be a perfect time to get rid of my original radiator that's falling apart. Will a '69 radiator go into a '68 without any hassle?

I'm in San Antonio and it get's rather hot here (111+ last summer), the car will see the freeway and city/traffic duty with no engine driven fan, only a 14" pusher. It's been working well thermostatically controlled for the last 6 months, but the new 250 is going to have double the power over my current setup. I've seen a 4 row advertised for the '68 200 by Sacramento Mustang, but I would really like a Modine 3 row unit as I think it would be more efficient. Also, the 250 uses 1-1/2" hose hookups opposed to the 200's 1-1/4" hookups.

Now, NPD is advertising a lifetime warranty Modine unit with the "3 row +" rating for a 69-70 car with a 250 as p/n: 8005-1HE That's the one I want. Will it fit? Thanks again.

John

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jay! That's just what I wanted to hear. I couldn't figure out why none of the catalogs listed a special staggered outlet radiator other than for the '65/'66. Makes sense now. I'll order it tomorrow.

John

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts