Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Griffin aluminum radiators in my Summit catalog. I'm thinking about getting one for my '73 vert when I do my engine swap (very soon, finally).

If I do, which size should I get for a stock 351c-2v with manual transmission and no A/C. Will I need new radiator mounts??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hello Denny!I have always used the Factory 351CJ radiator with very good luck,even running a 460.(the 73 351CJ radiator was the same one used on the 429 cars) Unless you are just going for the "coolness"of having the aluminum radiator,the factory will work great in your car.I never have overheating problems in traffic or elswhere running AC etc....in mine.I am running a 351C 4v with a 10 in.torque convertor.Just my .02! Good luck! FastE

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FastE,
Thanks, but I just realized that I forgot to explain something. I'm going to be changing over from a 250 I-6 engine. I'm assuming that I have a 2 row radiator now.

Do you think I need to upgrade my radiator?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Heck, install the 351C and see how it works! You may not need to upgrade for a stock V-8. If you do, it doesn't take long for a radiator shop to put a new larger core in your upgraded radiator.

I personally always play it save and had a custom 4 core made with my orignal tanks in my 73.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yes,I would upgrade to the larger 351C radiator.It would be a straight swap,using the larger factory support brackets.these are very common and would require no mods. FastE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts