Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the radiator (24") in my 69 Mach 1. The car has a 351W with A/C.

I don't know if I want to spend the $$$ for an aluminum one. Can anyone recommend an excellent quality aftermarket replacement? Something heavy duty, with 4 rows perhaps?

I saw in Texas Mustang for $288, with a lifetime guarantee. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mordi

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I am running a griffin alum. radiator with a spal fan in my 302 (1970) with a/c and a modified engine. Runs fine in this 100 degree heat. During the winter, the fan rarely kicks on. Don't know about the comboniation you are looking at in Texas Mustang. good luck.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Spend the money on the aluminum radiator. You will not regret it. I just installed a Griffin in my 69 and have not gotten the car hotter than 185 Degrees on a 95 degree day. That is with a 180 degree thermostat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
One other option--I used to have the factory 351W type radiator in my '69, but with the 351C I was running overheating was all too common. I ended up buying the big-block type radiator (it has been a few years, but I do remember I bought the biggest one made for the '69) and the associated upper and lower "saddle" type mounts. Installation was easy, and I have not had a cooling problem since. And I have driven it a lot in the East TN super-hot super-humid summers, in traffic. Never would have been able to get away with that with the stock radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts