Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best source for a 3 or 4 core radiator? I have called all the webshops and they are between $275-280. There is only $5 difference so I think I will go for a 4 core radiator. According to NPD the correct application would be 8005-1EE for $229. But the table doesn't say its a 4 row just a 3+.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Sacramento Mustang is advertising 4-row units "from $199", tel# 800-442-8333, 916-484-3434, www.Sacramento-Mustang.com.

I've not bought one of their units though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey, I just ordered a 4 Row from Sacramento Mustang last week and installed it this weekend. I got it for $199 + $10 off for ordering online (use coupon code "SM799")

It's made really well, no complaints from me. Much better price than other's I've seen around.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ya, Sacramento-Mustang.Com, I picked up my 4 core a little while back for 189.00 + 10.00 shipping. Not a bad deal, they have their own radiators made for them, that look stock, but are actually 3 and 4 cores. I got a 16lb. cap to go with it. I also recommend a brass Gano Filter, to keep all of the crud out of your new radiator, just remember to clean it out every once in awhile, get the brass one, the plastic ones WILL break! Good Luck. James.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!! I was just about to place the NPD order when I checked for replies. I have dealt with Sac Mustang numerous times and they are a great source. I thought I had checked last week, must be getting old.

Anyway, they are out of stock today but have 3 on order and it should be there for me to pic up on Friday. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just thought I would post my recomendation for Sac Mustangs 4 row radiator. I installed mine 2 years ago. It fit perfectly and since I installed it I have had no need for my radiator overflow can. Mine was ugly so I took it out. Also, I had to install a shorter fan spacer. I have a 289 with a fan shroud, a 1 3/4 inch spacer seemed to be the right fit but if you value your shroud go with a 1 1/2 inch spacer.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate your recommendation. I have the 289 with the long spacer. The representative said go with a 2". Since I will not be able to dry fit it, I think I will just go ahead and get the 1 1/2 also. The rep said they like to see the fan 3/4 to 1" from the radiator. Dammm that sounds close! I think my current one is at least 1 1/2 inches. The fan blades sit almost 1/2 into the shroud. All I know is I need it quick! I can't even sit in a Micky Dees Drive thru!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I got this from Mustang Steve's web site:

www.radiator.com is the largest distributor of radiators in the United States. They offer a huge selection of better than OEM radiators. Whether you are looking for all metal, all aluminum, optima core, polished tanks, or plastic aluminum for lighter weight, they stock it. They cover all makes and models, including many engine swaps. If you do not see your vehicle, just give them a call.
What to do to order...
1 Call our contact Yogi to order radiators at 1 (888) 874-0551 x231
2 or e-mail him at [email protected]
Visit the www.radiatorclub.com web site and become familiar with the discount program offered to our club. Our password is 3943673351
Be sure to mention MustangSteve and the password 3943673351 when you order. He is quite competitive on aluminum aftermarket stuff and he ships really quick.
Most big cities have a warehouse where you can go pick up the radiator as soon as you order it. Shop around - you will find these are pretty good deals. John is very willing to help with "weird stuff" too...

·
Registered
145 Posts
That new radiator should keep you cool while in line at Micky Dees. I took my car out yesterday when it was over 100 degrees here in Sacramento. My car ran cool even in heavy traffic but while sitting in the traffic I almost overheated;)
The 1 3/4 inch spacer looked like a good fit but under heavy acceleration I would hear a slight tapping sound from under the hood. When I check it out I noticed a few knicks in the shoud. I installed a 1.5 inch spacer and have had no problems.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Think this through. How heavy of a horse trailer are you going to be pulling with your pony? Please, go to your local non-chain parts house and request a price on a 'Modine' radiator. Modine is the "sh!t" in radiators. I recently purchased a Modine 3-row for my '65 V-8 for about $160. It is the same width as a stock rad so I can use my stock fan shroud mounts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts