Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 row aluminum radiator (cj pony part #rada24) I also have a standard 65-66 V8 radiator shroud. They do not line up. Is there a bracket I need to convert the standard radiator shroud to work or do they sell a specific shroud for those radiators?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Well you gotta know, this is what may happen when straying from the norm. (Not to be taken a s a smart-arse comment!) where are the differences? Too wide, too tall, rad vs the shroud? Have you contacted CJ for any help?
Perhaps, a few pics may help.....

·
Registered
5,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yes, the three rows use a different bracket than a two row

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The factory fan shroud is wider then the 3 row aluminum radiator. If you line the holes up on one side the shroud is longer

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Rad brackets

I use a 3 row with a factory shroud and the larger 3 row brackets. Works fine and my 65 K GT FB has the same set-up. I also use the 7 blade Granada fan, as it fits perfectly inside the shroud and in FL, we need the added air flow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
In no way do I mean any disrespect, but what is the craze over aluminum radiators? I have a 351 Windsor bored 60 over and run air conditioning. I use a factory style 24" radiator with a factory style shroud and a stock 4 blade fan. it never even approaches over heating. Does aluminum work better?

·
Registered
35,306 Posts
I have a 3 row aluminum radiator (cj pony part #rada24) I also have a standard 65-66 V8 radiator shroud. They do not line up. Is there a bracket I need to convert the standard radiator shroud to work or do they sell a specific shroud for those radiators?
I don't see how it could not line up. The 65-66 fan shroud is mounted on brackets, not on the radiator, using the radiator mounting bolts. You could install the 65-66 shroud with no radiator at all.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
The factory fan shroud is wider then the 3 row aluminum radiator. If you line the holes up on one side the shroud is longer
Is your factory shroud correct of your year? As others have pointed out, the shroud attaches to brackets located on the side frame, thus, the shroud is wider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts