Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
That metal is really thick and difficult to reshape. I would just replace the radiator support. It is one of the easiest panels to replace IMO. Not cheap at $130, but well worth it. If you ever want to sell, that dent will cause you problems. Don't give buyers anything to question.
Grant

·
Registered
176 Posts
You dont need to replace the whole radiator support. You can get just the cross member. You may be able to section in a new peice w/o replacing the whole thing. Do you have any type of frame straightener handy?

Also, I would check the measurements of the front frame rails etc. That looks like it took a pretty good rap. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coda brings up a good point about the frame rail on that side. I will start another post, thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes, definitely check the frame first. I assumed this had already been done and you had confirmed the damage was strictly cosmetic. I agree that it looks like a pretty hard hit.
Grant

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been all over the car this morning and the frame looks ok. The damage is inside of the frame area so I got lucky I guess. I have started another topic to get peoples measurememts and see how close mine is. I measured inside the frame rails at the very front all the way back and I come up with the same exact measurements so i am pretty sure I am good to go. Thanks for the replies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts