Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, How hard would it be to replace the radio antenna on a 66 mustang. any answers would be much appreicated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If the antenna is stock and like my '65 it's very easy. Unplug cable from radio, unscrew pall nut at top of antenna mount, push antenna down enough to see base mount (underneath), tilt the base mount using a screw driver and withdraw antenna and cable. If you want to review this before accomplishing it, visit O-Reilly's or Autozone. I've seen antennas there that worked exactly like the original Ford antenna. They simply have a tilting base, that when vertical will slip through the hole. When the base is horizontal to the fender, it won't come through the hole.

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Tie a string or a wire to the antenna lead at the radio, and as you pull it through the kick panel area, it will allow you to install the new antenna lead without removing splash guards, fenders, etc.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts