Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The might not be a mustang specifici question, but here goes. I have a '69 convertible, and I have the JME Enterprises radio bezel. I already had a Pioneer 3370 head unit waiting to install.

Everything worked fine, and I also installed a dual voice coil speaker in the dash, and two four inchers in the doors.

I connected the new head unit where the old one was connected on the fuse panel and wired up the yellow constant on where the old head unit was. I was playing it in the garage while I was putting the dash back together.

So, I pull out of the garage to take a spin and go about 2 miles and the head unit goes dead. I figured I had popped the fuse from the old head unit, but a closer inspection revealed that it was perfectly ok, getting a perfect 12.62 volts out of the fuse panel. I didn't pull the dash apart, but I figure it is the fuse on the head unit. Anyone have an idea?

Later,
Tosh

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tosh, I don't have an answer for your question. Just more questions on the JME Radio Bezel. How do you like it? Does it fit well in the dash? How does the CD player fit in the bezel?

Thanks (Sorry to hi-jack your thread)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is well worth it. I was custom made with black on top around the radio and woodgrain on the bottom around the heater controls. I had a bit of trouble getting mine into the dash because the convertible top switch is in the way, but a little thinking got me around that.

The piece itself is heavy and very strong. It's a regular DIN size so you can pick out any radio you want without problem. I only took about 45 minutes to replace that junk radio I had, but now, damn fuse problem!

I also went with the custom autosound dual voice coil speaker in the dash, which sounded great (until the fuse thing). After I get this thing figured out, I will be installed my XM radio box which plugs into the pioneer head unit.

In short, it is a great bezel to be able to use whatever radio you like. The other great part, it there is no dash modifications to make, just pull the old radio, bolt the new radio and bezel in it's place.

Later,
Tosh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts