Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday July 17th, will be the first car show I'll be going to with my mustang. I checked the forecast and it says rainy! I am so disappointed that I'm not even sure now if I want to go. Have any of you ever been to a rainy car show? I just don't think it will be as fun. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
702 Posts
The only good thing about a rainy day car show is that you
have more of a chance to win a trophy..HEHEHE. Other than that it sucks! They should have a rain date, check with the contact person of the show.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I e-mailed the people running the show, and they said the show will go on no matter what. Crappy!

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Depends on how nice your car is. ::

Just having a Blk Car should keep you home, would me.

Of course it's one of those, if you go it'll rain, and if you don't, it won't deals. ::

·
Registered
496 Posts
Rain was forcast for my first show last weekend also. But as the week went on the chance of rain went down. Turned out to be a decent day, overcast in morn, which kept the heat down.
Forcasts are not a science, they change daily, hourly, and vary from source to source. Don't decide yet, wait till friday nights forcast when there is a better chance that its right. Plan on going, when you wake up Sat. poke your head outside and see whats up, or you can go and if it rains, leave, it's not like your car won't ever get wet since you're going to wash it once in a while right?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey, just think.. the rain will keep the dust off the car!!! ::

I'm going to the Mustang Roundup in Bellevue this weekend. Early forecasts were for rain for the Pony Trail but now it looks like clouds in the morning, partly sunny in the afternoon, temps in the 70's. Perfect!

Steve

http://chezdajez.mypicgallery.com/stevesmach1/trunknmustangs.jpg
72 Mach 1 Q Code, 71 Mach 1 M Code, 97 F-150

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yea, I did the rainy car show thing this past Sunday. The day started out great. The show was about 50 miles from the house. The SWMBO came down separately in the afternoon. As it got closer to awards time the skies looked very threatening. I bailed on the show early to try and get the car home, but didn't make it 3 miles b4 all let loose. Got the car home, and took the wheels and tires off to clean and dry the lugs and backs of the wheels. The engine compartment stayed pretty nice even with the driving rain storm. The funny thing was I even checked weather.com and the radar b4 I went, and all looked ok. You just never know. Bottom line: if it's a driver, drive it. If it's a pampered car, don't go if you don't want to clean it up. I've done 4 shows so far this year, and would've done a 5th, but the closer I got to the destination, the worse it looked, so I turned around and came home. It did rain shortly afterwards. If you get to a show, and it starts raining immediately, it definitely ranks up there on the sucking scale. If it's promising to be bad weather, I simply don't go. There's always more car shows.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I've been caught in a few rainy car shows (and I don't even live in the Northwest ::) with mixed results. Most of the shows go rain or shine. I once drove about 400 miles to a show in L.A. at the Queen Mary and the host club called it because of a light mist on the windshields. That was a pretty big disappointment seeing how far we'd come. The day turned into a glorious Southern California afternoon after the show was called. Last year we attended Kool April Nights in Redding, CA (close enough to Oregon). It poured for two days. We went to the show but had to hide under the event tent until it started to leak. Back to the hotel for dry clothes and a couple of drinks. The next morning provided a long drive home in the rain (200 miles or so). Last year also yielded a show here in the Bay Area that was caught in a May rain storm. The storm withdrew for most of the afternoon and then came roaring back in just about the time they were presenting trophies. I had all I could do to get my top back up. We were all drown like rats in the parking lot but it wasn't so bad after all. I don't mind intermittant rain at a car show but driving storms do tend to spoil the event.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts