Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences (part #s) between 6 cyl and 8cyl rally pacs. I know that you could use a 6grand pac on a V8 but I am confused. Are there any differences between factory and dealer option pacs? TIA

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would like to add a question to this....

Does anyone have a picture of what a 1965 factory rally pac for a v8 looks like. I have seen many out there that are for a "65", yet they look different.... some say rally pac on them some have chrome trim, etc.

I am interested in purchasing one for my 65 a-code V8 and want to make sure that I get the right one.

Thanks,

Eric

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i would also like to add a question to this. I have a 66 cpe. , did Ford include the wiring for the rally pac in all mustangs, or am i going to have to by a wiring harness in order to install it on my car?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, the wiring was not there.

in answer to the other question. the only difference in 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder rally-pacs are the tachometer. Not sure of the internal differences, but they are always ink stamped 6 CYL or 8 CYL on the tach case. You have to take the tach out of the rally-pac to see the stamp.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
The factory ralley pac for the Mustang had MUSTANG on the tac face and ralley pac in the middle of the 2 guages.

The Ford aftermarket ones said FORD and did not have Ralley Pac in the center.

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
haha, some more BS... you cant copyright a damn user name... not on an open board such as this.

-Dave Flak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts