Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy to rally pac for my 66 mustang, where is the best to buy one? c code 289.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Arre you looking for an original or repro? 6000 or 8000 rpm? High profile or low? If low profile, what color?

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
good luck!......first, make sure you get a 8 cyl. one
They are NOT easy to find
try e-bay?

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 original 6 cylinder 'Pacs.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 original 6 cylinder 'Pacs.
Never knew there was such an animal, until I had one for sale, and that's the first thing people asked!

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Never knew there was such an animal, until I had one for sale, and that's the first thing people asked!
I once participated, sadly in parting out a 65 convertible that had been stripped for painting. Guy died, and the family pushed the bare car out in the backyard for about 10 years.

200 six cylinder, Rally Pac, 4-speed, 3.50:1 locking axle. I've only seen one other 200 with so many options.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
i bought a repro black 6k v8 66 style about 4 years ago-took out of box once i would sell for 250.00 never been installed! pm for pictures. wes

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
a little off topic but who restores these? I have one for a V8 and it probably needs to be rebuilt and repainted.
Lotta places. You could get all the cosmetic work done at Glazier/Nolan, for example. I think they farm out tach work, but they also do quartz clock conversions.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Go straight to the best source: Instrument Services, Inc. 1-800-558-2674. They can rebuild/restore your rally pac to like new condition, including quartz conversion for the clock.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are rally pacs hard to install? Is that a DIY job? Where rally pacs dealer-installed, or are they reflected on the door build plate?

Deke

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Not hard to install at all. For sure a DIY project. Door data plate info will not tell you if Rally-pac was installed at factory or dealer.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Rally Pacs were a common dealer item. Often displayed prominently in the parts or service departments. With a complete Rally Pac handy, proper, factory perfect installation takes under an hour.

·
Registered
292 Posts
BTW I was a bit sticker-shocked at the price of a rally pac. I was thinking under a hundred, but they're like $350.

Deke

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Restored, ready-for-show originals were hitting $1000 when the repros came out. That cut the OE 'Pac prices in half, because the repros are that nice. I can spot them, but it's not easy. For a 'driver' or fun car, the repros are plenty good enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts