Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the deminisions of the on wide solid strip thats about 14inchs with one small strip on both side thats about 1 inch what is the exact measurements

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
They were originally called the Le Mans stripes for some reason. Some people call them skunk stripes.

Regardless, the chart below shows the dimensions of these things;

The spacing down the middle is a constant 2 inch gap front to back.

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
I haven't had to fire up my Hughnese Translation Commander X9 for awhile, but here's what it spat out:

"What are the dimensions of the one wide solid stripe that's about 14" wide with a smaller stripe on each side that's about 1" wide? What are the exact measurements?"

That's a fair description of Super Snake stripes. I don't know what Shelby's lone original had, but a late model would be 14" wide for the center stripe,
1 1/2" space, and then 2" outer stripes. Total width 21".

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
What we have here iss failure to communicate!
But if you want exact you need to know exactly what to ask for.

Then search NPD for the template or decal

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I haven't had to fire up my Hughnese Translation Commander X9 for awhile, but here's what it spat out:

"What are the dimensions of the one wide solid stripe that's about 14" wide with a smaller stripe on each side that's about 1" wide? What are the exact measurements?"

That's a fair description of Super Snake stripes. I don't know what Shelby's lone original had, but a late model would be 14" wide for the center stripe,
1 1/2" space, and then 2" outer stripes. Total width 21".
Are you trying to say that 3 is wrong?

Allen

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
Are you trying to say that 3 is wrong?
Nope. It's always tough interpreting someone from Hugh's Island though, isn't it?

Hugh could get published doing a compilation, I think: "A Lexicon of Automotive Linguistics Puzzles". Or better yet; "How Not To Be Clear (and mean it!)".

A book like that might make "The New York Times Best Seller List" based on sales to lawyers alone.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Nope. It's always tough interpreting someone from Hugh's Island though, isn't it?

Hugh could get published doing a compilation, I think: "A Lexicon of Automotive Linguistics Puzzles". Or better yet; "How Not To Be Clear (and mean it!)".

A book like that might make "The New York Times Best Seller List" based on sales to lawyers alone.
VMF is short changing us by not having a laugh button...

"I haven't had to fire up my Hughnese Translation Commander X9 for awhile"... :grin2:

Allen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts