Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes! the gas gauge works /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

What a day! My brother was up because of a family emergency that happened over the weekend, and I went to pick him up today in the 67 vert. As I pulled out from the house I noticed the gas gauge was close to empty, and decided to get gas right after I picked up my brother. It's been a long time since I've seen him, and we started talking and forgot all about the gas. We were sitting in the middle lane at the crosswalks of one of the bigger intersections in town, and as soon as the light turned green, the car sputtered and died. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I tried starting it a couple of times, just hoping to be able to at least get to the side of the road, but no luck! We push the vert over in to a bank parking lot. We walk across the street to the gas station (Yes... there was a station right across the street /forums/images/icons/blush.gif), and to our amazement, they didn't have a gas can to loan or to sell us. So we continue to walk for a couple of blocks to a kragen, who nailed me for $15 bucks for a stupid little gallon can! (teach me for not having one of the 1/2 dozen cans I have at home in the trunk). 20 minutes later we were back on the road!

O'well....Maybe I can go another 10 years without running out of gas, as it has been a while, and I forgot the pleasures of pushing a car in 100 degree weather!

G

·
0 Posts
I ran out a couple of weeks ago in my 66 and man they don't give a warning do they. They just run out. Latman

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I used to like to live on the edge too......untill I ran out of gas just outside of Barstow......very hot and not a good thing!!

I always have my tank at no less than 1/2 tank!!!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
That is why I always keep a empty can in the trunk (I have done it too). I sure way to run out is to take the can out and not put it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts