Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who were curious...

Got to spend some more time with the Ranchero this weekend.

It is now running (pretty well too!) on its own gas tank.

The "ALT" light would not shut off, so I brought the alternator to Autozone - and it tested fine! So they sold me a voltage regulator. I replaced the brand new VR that I bought last spring with the new one, and everything seems good now. The light went off! I guess the 1st VR I bought is bad. Don't even remember where I got it now!

The trans is leaking at the dipstick tube, and I am still missing the dipstick for it. Anyone have a C4 dipstick and / or filler tube laying around?

We rebuilt the trans this summer, and I can report that at least 1st gear is working! :)

My new stainless brake lines all showed up this last week too, so I began redoing all of those. I am almost ready for a drum brake bleeding lesson if anyone wants to come over and help me out!

Still have tons to do before it is road worthy - but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Maybe by spring???

-Zim

·
Registered
279 Posts
Jason Congradulations on breathing new life into the project and many more to come. I hear Gene is pretty good bleading brakes. Seriously I would be glad to come help sometime. Dave

·
Registered
110 Posts
Glad to here it'running. Nothing like making headway on a project.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Jason,
Congrats on the new "life". Now you have another "mouth" to feed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts