Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The randalls rack and pinion is in. I installed the whole system this weekend and what a difference i gotta get used to such a responsive setup.The system lined up with every hole and almost fell into place and the pump brackets are very well engineered and look great. I highly recomend the system. If you got headers contact randy first. ::

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Thanks for the post. I e-mailed Randall a couple days ago with my order. Looking forward to some new steering, even though I won't be driving my ride till next year. What was involved in cutting the drive shaft? Any trouble here? I have been thinking about tilt steering from Ididit, but don't know yet if it will work with Randall's set-up.

jim-

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a flamming river tilt collum and it matched up perfectly they both use 1"DD shafts and sockets.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Good job!! Now we need pictures... :: :: ::

·
Registered
224 Posts
Glad to hear your install went as smooth as mine did.
I'm not sure if you've driven yours at highway speeds yet, but it is a night and day difference! I think you and I are the only VMF'ers who have installed this rack. Post some pictures if you have any.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Nice to hear something positive about a r&p install. Do YOU have headers? If so, what kind and how is the clearance? Post pics if you can.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had patriot shorty headers but had to remove them because of a clearence conflict because they are desighned to collect in front of the Z-BAR most others exit out back. like headman and jba but randy can tell you wich ones fit. KOOKS headers is 1/2 mile from my house so i will have custom headers made over the winter right now i am back to cast iron. aas for pictures someone will have to host them or i can e-mail ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts