Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone knows what these two parts are called and possibly where to find them.

First is the rubber piece that goes just above where the export brace connects to the firewall. Its popped off when I was putting the export brace back in and I haven't ever been able to find it.

Second is a plate that covers the snorkel. I have a snorkel but with the addition of a monte carlo bar the snorkel no longer fits so I've been a plate the is screwed in but I'm not sure of its name or where to find one.

Pictures attached, thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
1) a regular rubber body plug from a Mustang parts vendor or a hardware store will fill that.
2) if you cover that snorkel hole will your air cleaner still have an air intake? You could easily make one from a small piece of steel or aluminum gently bent to the radius, paint it Ford Blue and put it on the inside surface with the snorkel screws for a clean look.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If that's a stock air cleaner, you won't be able to cover the hole for the snorkel. You may have to cut the end off the snorkel to get it to clear. Or possible go with an aftermarket air cleaner can.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it is the stock air cleaner. I've looked at a few aftermarket ones from NPD that have that opening sealed up and no outlet for the valve cover breather cap tube.

I have the shaker scoop on top of the air cleaner and I assumed that would supply enough air for the engine. Or am I wrong and I should keep the snorkel opening open for additional air?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts