Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will ruffle some feathers. And yes I know I don't have to view the thread. But, enough of the, look at this E-Bay link or that E-bay link, threads. In my opinion, I know here E-bay's web page is. I know how to view their offerings. yes some are bizzare, and some are quite nice. But, they take to much space and push other threads, I would like to read, down. If I don't check VMF at least twice a day stuff gets moved WAY down.

And while I'm at it how about the random pics of I saw this car parked by the road pictures. How about we get back to where VMF was rooted? Maybe some of the old member would be seen again... BOSSCARS, KKPONY, CAMACHINEST and so on.

Just my 2 cents and thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
I'm still here. Just busy with work and stuff. Besides, the car is still not together, so I have very little to say this season.

I will say that it is much more difficult to track conversations since the last upgrade though. What with the email notifications no longer working like they used to. I'll keep plugging though, because I just love this place :)

I don't go look at the ebray stuff though.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I don't know his point.
BUT, MY POINT is this:
HOW ABOUT A BRIEF EXPLAINATION??? So I don't waste my time??

·
Registered
491 Posts
some people just dont like change i guess. i for one like the fact that there are now posts other than what color do i paint my engine compartment and where do i find krylon 1613. i mean just skip the post if you dont like the title.
lighten up. ::

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
you are barking up the wrong tree on this one... it's pre-ordained...

smile and nod and move on, I think is what they want you to do.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think the only allowable Ebay links should be Parts Racks.
Just thought I would put my two cents worth in... Tom :: :: :: :: ::

·
Registered
651 Posts
Of course the only allowable links would be directly from the PARTS RACK only. :: :: :: :: :: :p
Just my two cents worth.
Tom

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess my point was missed. I did not state it clearly... my bad. I think most of us check out E-Bay regularly. Not much is going to slip by. So for me when I see an E-Bay post it's a "well duhh". As for the opportunity photo shot... what's the point? So you saw a {insert color here} Mustang and took a photo. Yea so??? I mean hey if you saw a Daytona Coupe or something quite cool then Damb Skippy I would like to see a pic.

Sorry, I must excuse myself while I pull my panties outta my crack. And no I don't want any cheese to go with my whine. Got any crackers though?? ;)

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
YEAH, I'M WITH YOU UTAH, & WHILE WERE AT IT. LET'S BAN RANT'S!!!!
oops, if we do that, we will loose more members than even,
just my sick sence :: :: :: ::

·
Registered
648 Posts
I tend to agree with the OP. There are too many "lookie what I saw on ebay" posts. GO WORK ON YOUR CAR, INSTEAD OF BROWSING EBAY!!

If I want to see what's on ebay, then I go to ebay.

As for the rants, there seems to be a lot of them lately. But I a can't complain, since I caused one of them. Right, fastford ;)

planomustang

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Maybe you would want to check out stangnet.com. It moves a lot slower and might be more to your liking.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your view, many people view this forum as a place to hang out with friends, talk about cars, kids, life and even Ebay. Off topic posts are a by-product of a friendly, comfortable forum.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,657 Posts
(and cats) ;)
Variety is the spice of life.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have no objection to the "rants" and "OT" posts. I usually just skip them and go on to something interesting. I do object to the Ebay link posts. I still believe that if someone wants to use this site to sell parts, they should post the part here with an actual price for a member who wants it. Not a link to some location where a member can go bid on the part and drive the price up to some ridiculous amount.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Perhaps we could become like other boards and have a selection of little smilies that give such great comments as:
Lame
Gay
Re-post
Flame
Or other such kiddie nonsense. Then when someone posts something we don't really like, we can add these adult replies so that they get the message and add to the amount of posts on the board.
Or perhaps we can just choose to ignore some things....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts